JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
As a CNC Operator, Weekend Shift (Friday - Sunday, 5 am - 5 pm) you will operate multiple CNC Machine Groups (Multi-Spindle and Citizen) to produce high quality precision machined components to meet/exceed established machine utilization goals. In addition, you will perform routine in-process inspections and document results in accordance with established quality control procedures.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and corrections of process related issues in order to maintain dimensional stability (e.g., tool offsets/replacement, coolant line adjustment, etc.)
- Respond to and resolve machine alarms/faults
- Escalate machine breakdown, quality and unresolved alarm/fault issues to CNC Shift Lead and/or Supervisor to minimize machine downtime
- Perform daily housekeeping and machine maintenance tasks to ensure safe/effective machine operation
- Kaizen participation and continuous improvement as required
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills
- Perform all other duties/tasks as assigned by CNC Shift Lead and/or Supervisor
- For the safe and effective performance of the job, this position requires proficiency in English language skills, to include effective verbal, speaking and listening
- Must be able to perform simple arithmetic, utilize hand tools, and have basic mechanical abilities
- Must have the skill to read prints, decipher tolerances, proven capability with measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, bore gages, vision systems, etc.
- 2+ years of experience producing parts on CNC machines, including troubleshooting/correction of process related issues
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.