Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you’ll do
As the Inside Sales Representative (ISR) you will be responsible for the attainment of sales goals within the assigned geography (VT, DE, RI, DC, SC, & AL). You will:
- Develop & implement a plan to close & grow new sales opportunities in the assigned geography on an ongoing basis.
- Establish a strong positive working relationship directly with end-users and support distributor sales representatives where the customer choses to work with a channel partner.
- Collect Customer Contact and Application information through outbound cold calls, emails and Social Media Networking to existing and prospective Laboratory accounts.
- Capture information in the CRM to create Sales Leads for Territory Area Sales Manager (when calling outside assigned territory) to retain, maintain and increase sales.
- Sell or renew the company’s products, systems and/or services via telephone or electronic means to customers in assigned territory (VT, DE, RI, DC, SC, & AL)
- Act as support for other territories in the East (LAB).
Generate prospective customers through cold calling & email and may qualify and follow up with sales leads. Focus on lead prospecting and lead qualification. Sales can be made through Direct and/or multichannel, inbound and/or outbound sales activities. May have an assigned product line and accounts that may overlap other sales teams' territories (outside of the assigned territory) where sales credit is given to rep responsible for Ship-To zip code. Will have an individual sales quota and a target earnings bonus (sales incentive) opportunity for remote states in Eastern Region (VT, DE, RI, DC, SC & AL). The Inside Sales Rep sends presentations and technical product demonstrations directly to key decision makers and end-users. As the main Pall Sales contact for the distributor, the ISR ensures that the distribution channel representatives are informed and trained to support the needs of customers. As a sales representative for the company, the Inside Sales Representative directs and coordinates such activities as lead follow up, and special price quotations within the assigned geography. The ISR will also support other territories with lead generation and qualification and special quotes administration.
Additionally, as a channel manager, you will be responsible for attainment of sales goals through your assigned channel partner(s). This will include the following:
- Analyze trends and data as appropriate to determine future promotions and execution strategies for distribution.
- Coordinate joint partner marketing activities with internal resources.
- Interact with Partners to help provide additional trainings and strategic initiatives for co-selling success.
- Facilitate the management of price lists with distributors to reflect changes in Pall pricing, product additions and deletions.
The Inside Sales Representative must manage such company assets as personal computers, other equipment and company proprietary information in a responsible manner. The ISR must submit expense reports in a timely manner and provide monthly activity reports to management. Such reports may include feedback regarding new business opportunities, market intelligence and other sales development issues as requested.
- Achieve or exceed the sales goals established by the company for the assigned geography (VT, DE, RI, DC, SC & AL).
- Attain or exceed the business objectives related to specific existing accounts, development of new accounts, and penetration of targeted market segments or introduction of new products as directed by company management.
- Document all sales activities including customer communications and sales development updates by entering such information in the company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database on a daily/weekly basis.
- Follow up on high value sales leads in a prompt manner making sure to document all actions and communications in the company CRM database.
- With the assistance and in coordination with Corporate Communications and Marketing personnel, develop and implement a territory promotions plan that leads to the attainment of sales and market share growth for the assigned geography.
- Coordinate technical product demonstrations and trials for end users as requested by customer, distributors’ representatives, or company management.
- Submit special price quotation requests for new high value opportunities to support distributor’s selling efforts making sure that all required information is included in the request and that company procedures are followed. The ISR must manage quote expiration dates and make sure that all price quotations that are vital to the continued growth of our business are renewed in a timely manner. ISR will also assist other sales reps with administrative duties to include Special Price Quotes & Sample Requests.
- Under the direction of the Sales Director and/or Regional Sales Manager, develop sales and calling plan for assigned sales geography and action planning to provide sales support
- Submit regular reports on sales progress, key account activity and general business analysis for the assigned geography to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and continuously improves business relationships with field sales and management representatives from Distribution and other channel partners.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of sales experience in industry (Life Sciences / Research / Biopharma / Biotech)
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Science or Business
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.