Certified Class A Licensed Truck Driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of raw materials, finished goods and other items for sale, distribution and storage for internal/external customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of managers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
Hours: 12:00pm-8:30pm Monday-Friday
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate a tractor-trailer in various driving environments and weather conditions between company facilities ensuring safety.
- Load and unload cargo receive product, and put away in storage. Must perform daily housekeeping duties in the warehouse including sweeping, collecting trash, and collecting damaged product
- Ensure that loads are properly secured to avoid shifting during transit.
- Drive for extended periods of time.
- Schedule Flexibility w/notice(on call)
- Maintain truck manual logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Pre-trip and post-trip inspections of tractor/trailer and record issues.
- Drop and hook trailer(s) and change equipment configurations as necessary.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the appropriate parties.
- Follow and obey traffic laws.
- Follow accident procedures per company policy.
- Comply with rules and regulations for size, weight and parking.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Deliver goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Alternating weekends are required/back-up.
- Accurately pick, pack, and label customer orders
- Process pick lists, create shipping documentation, consolidate and palletize orders
- Accurately operate a UPS/FedEx shipping system
- Ability to multi task and be flexible to react to changing warehouse priorities
- Participate and provide ideas associated with continuous improvement projects
- Must be able to obtain fork lift certification and operate material handling equipment
- Ability to use computers to perform various warehouse functions
- Required to train new associates
- Maintain open lines of communication with co-workers and supervisors to ensure the warehouse is operating efficiently and are working to delivering exceptional service to our customer.
- Must Be SAFETY oriented
- Must be QUALITY oriented
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Two (2) year of experience in a distribution / warehouse environment with experience involving at least one of the following; Driving, loading and unloading, receiving, stocking
- CDL Class A License Required ** must be licensed to drive a truck with a manual & automatic transmission
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledgePC / typing skills/Email (Knowledge of MAPICS, SAP, & PC’s a plus)
- DOT medical card preferred
- Forklift experience with verified certification is preferred - If not certified, must be willing and able to test, certify and operate site equipment as required and directed.
- Interpersonal & communication skills.
- Team Player who is willing to support core value of “win as one team”.
- Good reasoning abilities using sound judgment.
- Continuously implements ways to improve safety.
- Resourceful and well organized – keeping a work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Problem solving skills and ability.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- SAP basic skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with handheld systems for warehouse management a plus.
- Work overtime as needed / required.
- Timely and consistent attendance.
Hours: 12:00pm-8:30pm Monday-Friday
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.