Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify existing and future markets (understand industry trends, identify major customers and determine their filtration needs/requirements), while strategically positioning the applicable Pall technology (ies) into these desired markets/customers in the assigned territory.
- Provides technical direction to develop system solutions Works with Sales and Marketing to establish/define customer requirement. Evaluates alternative design approaches, considering available technologies and structure a competitive position.
- Works closely with Sales and customers to integrate Pall Systems into customer’s process. Performs appropriate calculations to ensure proper sizing and design.
- Develops customer test plans with SLS. Provides technical support for SLS in-house and field testing.
- Stays abreast of technology in key applications areas.
- Understand our current base and system business and defend against competitors.
- Target accounts/market segments where the growth will come from.
- Develop product positions to meet the growth and profit objectives for the assigned market.
- Must understand the products sold in the market, including performance and characteristics.
- Must understand the major competitors in his/her assigned market (i.e. SWOT).
- Be intimately involved in price negotiations.
- Performs other related activities as required.
- Understands and complies with all company quality, safety policies and procedures as related to this position, including reading all relevant safety literature, using the required protective equipment and practicing good housekeeping.
- BS degree in Chemical of Food Engineering – Desired - or related field, within technical sales and industrial functions. Background in the food and/or dairy industry preferably. Must have experience in dealing with customers on sales negotiations and technical issues. Also desired process application knowledge.
- Proactive behavior, self-motivation, problem solving, high level of initiative and sense of urgency. Professional with good maturity level. Good relationship with co-workers exposure.
- Advanced in English.
- Desired courses / experience: selling skills, presentation skills, negotiating skills, Project Management, CRM system, SAP, sales funnel management.
- Availability for travels (40-50%).
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.