DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING EXCITING?
Be part of the world’s foremost color management company and help leading consumer brands and their suppliers ensure their products look exactly as the designer intended. Our end-to-end solutions are designed for all things color – specification, communication, formulation, measurement, management, tracking and reporting for raw materials, paper-based products, ink, photography, video, metal, glass, textiles, plastics, and wood. Not only do our solutions help our customers determine what is achievable, but they also ensure consistent, accurate, and reliable color is formulated and produced throughout the production cycle and across the supply chain.
If you can assemble and test instruments, optics and corresponding sub-assemblies in accordance with engineering specifications – this can be a great opportunity for you.
We have positions like this opening every day at X-Rite Pantone in Grand Rapids, MI ! – APPLY NOW !
X-RITE PANTONE WILL OFFER YOU:
- Benefits galore. Comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, paid parental leave, 401(k) options, casual dress code, on-site cafeteria and more! Direct hires are eligible for our benefits on day one of employment.
- Work/Life balance. A rich Vacation/PTO package and 14 PAID holidays.
- Work in a clean and quiet manufacturing environment!
- A great culture. One where the best team wins. You’ll love working with our team in a fast-paced, collaborative, and continuous improvement environment.
- Opportunities for growth. At X-Rite, we value employee growth. As an associate of X-Rite/Pantone there are many opportunities to grow professionally and personally through training, mentoring/coaching and additional job responsibilities.
- The chance to give back to our community.
Work for an organization that is dedicated to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture. Join us on our D&I journey
IN THIS JOB YOU WILL:
- Assemble, calibrate, test, and rework instruments, optics and sub-assemblies using blueprints and a MOS or SPP.
- Maintain a high level of quality during the assembly process. Perform regular, in-process inspection of own work and materials.
- Maintain Productivity, scrap, and rework standards on each assembly.
- Become familiar with the Standard Work Documents related to assembly specifications, blueprints, parts, part numbers and descriptions, becoming proficient at identification and verification.
- Keep a high level of 5S in the work area, clean and well organized. Return all tools, fixtures, supplies and other equipment to their proper storage areas.
- Be responsible for Inventory accuracy and control within assigned section: follow Kanban and FIFO, and maintain safe storage of all materials.
Maintain assigned equipment and tools.
Work cross functionally with other departments, including Engineering, Quality and other Support Staff as needed to improve product quality and production efficiency.
YOU WILL HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED required. Degree or certificate from certified electronics program is preferred.
- 1 year of assembly experience preferred in an Electronic based environment.
- Computer experience and basic keyboard functions required.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination (ability to handle small components accurately); excellent dexterity required.
- Must be able to stand/walk up to 90% of the day.
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, work instructions, and specifications. Requires familiarity with, and the ability to use, common hand and power tools.
- May be required to lift heavy (over 30 lbs.) objects. Work with chemicals using proper safety protocols.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.